Poliziano Wine Dinner
Poliziano Wine Dinner
We are delighted to be hosting an exclusive wine dinner in conjunction with the Poliziano Winery on Wednesday 7th September. You will be greeted on arrival with a selection of canapes served with perfectly chilled sparkling wine. Valentino Gentile, our Executive Head Chef, has designed a five course menu that will be perfectly complemented with wines from the Poliziano Winery, which is a family winery in the province of Siena, Italy.
Poliziano was founded in 1961 by Dino Carletti when he acquired a parcel of 22 hectares around the area of Montepulciano. The name of the winery is a tribute to this as a native of Montepulciano is called a ‘Poliziano’. Federico Carletti, son of Dino, took over the management of Poliziano in the late 1970s. He immediately made an impact by working exclusively with proprietary grapes (‘Estate Winery’). Since his arrival, the estate has grown and is now 170 hectares of vineyards. Focused on quality viticulture, innovative yet respectful of the environment and tradition, Federico soon achieved a Vino Nobile of great body & great quality.
Federico’s pursuit of quality & excellence in his wines has continually improved techniques both in the vineyards and in the cellar. The local variety par excellence, Sangiovese, was studied and tested in order to find its best expression. Meanwhile, in the 1990s, international varieties were also planted, like Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot, initially blended to enrich Sangiovese.
Firm in his belief of the potential of the Montepulciano area, Federico, has focused on reaching the highest expression of this territory in his wines; he has done this at every stage of production, from the vineyards to the cellar, allowing each bottle of wine to express both the tradition and authenticity of their splendid terroir. He has also dedicated himself to the production of “crus” of great renown and the complete elimination of chemical weeding and insecticides, revolutionizing the traditional techniques with a more ‘natural’ and sustainable approach which, from harvest 2021, will yield certified organic wines.
The wines being served alongside our delicious cuisine prepared by Valentino and his team will be:
- Ambrae del Poliziano, 2021. An elegant cuvée of Chardonnay and Sauvignon. In the glass it is announced with a straw yellow colour. The scents that envelop the nose recall concentrated fruit sensations, while a slight hint of bread becomes gradually more intense. On the palate is round and harmonious, with good acidity and an interesting mineral verve.
- Vino Nobile di Montepulciano, 2018. Poliziano's Vino Nobile di Montepulciano is mostly Sangiovese, with up to 15% from a combination of Canaiolo, Colorino and Merlot. Around two thirds is matured in French oak barriques and tonneaux. The cherry and strawberry fruit is intriguing among hints of lavender and sweet spice. Impressive wine with intensity, structure and elegance.
- Asinone Vino Nobile di Montepulciano, 2018. This wine is the result of years of patient work and experimentation from Poliziano into the quality of the grapes and their behaviour when aged in wood. This work has led to production at the "Asinone" vineyard reaching the highest possible standards of quality. 30% of the wine is refined in oak barrels for two years, the remaining 70% in casks for eighteen months. It has an intense ruby red colour, and has a fine, elegant bouquet with a fruity hint and a note of sweet violets and cinnamon.
- Vin Santo di Montepulciano, 2010. Vin Santo has got a deep amber colour, with pronounced concentration of caramel and toffee, prune and raisin, walnut and honey. Its aromas are complex and fully developed. Although luscious in sweetness, the wine has got a fairly high acidity to balance. Full bodied with exceptional intensity on palate, the wine has a fairly long finish.
Make a break for it
Book Your Stay at Brooklands Hotel
When you book direct on our website, not only will you receive our best rate guarantee and complimentary car parking but you will be upgraded to a Deluxe Track Facing Room when booking a Deluxe Room. You'll also earn 15% cash rewards when you sign up to our exclusive loyalty programme, powered by Guestbook.